Tuesday, January 24, 2017

24. Shattered Glass

This morning I laughed when a table holding three coffee pots tipped over and the dishes shattered. A clean up crew came out of hiding and cleaned the mess up in what seemed like seconds. 
So I had to laugh when six hours later my children knocked a glass off the counter and it shattered. There was no clean crew to magically appear and sweep the mess away. There was just me and a four year old and two year old who wanted to help. 
"You can't help," I told them. "You might step on glass and get cut."
"But mommy, why are you in there? Don't get hurt!" My four year old whined.
I replied, "I'm watching where I step. I'm being careful. I'll be okay."
Two minutes later I sent her upstairs to get me a bandaid because I stepped on a piece of glass.
The irony did not escape me.

No comments:

Post a Comment