Friday, January 20, 2017

20. Jericho (5)

Sebastian?
Aurora.
Are you alright?
No.
We need you.
He's gone insane.
I know. 
What if i do, too? How can you trust me? What if I betray all of you? What if I lead him here?
Listen to me, Basta. You are not the Overlord. You are strong and noble and kind. You have compassion. You are so much greater than he is. He cannot reach you here.
You don't know what he's like. He has gone so much further than anyone else has ever dreamed. 
He is still just a man; and a man can be beaten.
Aurora, he entered my mind?
You let him in?
No. He did it himself. That's why so many fell with me. He...I betrayed them.
That's not possible. 
It is now.
Basta, you have to tell the council about this.
How can I? I don't know how he did it? What if he's still here? What if he's listening now?
You're too far away. No one can reach this far.
No one can enter another's mind unbidden, either. But he did. How do we know there isn't more he can do? It's my fault all of these people are here. If I had been stronger, they would have been safe. How can I face them?
They all knew what they were doing when they joined this rebellion. They made the choice to fight. They need you, Sebastian. I need you.
How do we stop him?
Together. We stop him together. We need to you fight with us. We cannot win this fight without your knowledge. Please, Basta.
"I'm ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment