Thursday, January 12, 2017

12. Simple Treasures

I had a little moment of perfection today. I was stretched out on a soft blanket in my backyard. The temperature was wonderful. I was neither hot nor cold, and a light breeze blew, just gentle enough to be pleasant without being frustrating. I had a book in hand that had my girlish heart fluttering. My baby was nestled next to me, fast asleep with his sweet little face propped up on his chubby arms, his tiny lips parted slightly and his full eyelashes resting peacefully as he dozed. My phone quietly played my favorite piece of classical music (Chopin's nocturne 19 -- quite possibly the most beautiful music ever written). Beyond our little sanctuary, the gentle sound of of the passing cars hummed, creating a rolling white noise that only added to the peace. In that moment I could not help but smile and breathe in the happiness surrounding me. I truly do have a wonderful life. No matter the struggles or frustrations motherhood can bring, these tiny moments remind me of the simple pleasures that fill my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment