Friday, April 7, 2017

97. Innocent Youth

I love the innocence and simplicity in childhood. Yesterday Jay told about a moment in his day when a coworker was being rude to those around him. Janie listened with rapt attention. She  loves listening to her daddy talk about his work.
This morning as we were driving to a friend's house, a car pulled out in front of us and I had to hit my breaks pretty hard to prevent a crash. Without me saying anything, Janie piped up "he cut in front of us! That wasn't nice. Is that the bad guy from daddy's work?"
It hit me how beautiful it is that to this little girl the world is so good that two instances of unkindness must be committed by the same person, because people are generally good. In her world there are good guys and there are bad guys. But most stories have lots of good guys and only a small number of baddies. 
It was a tender and beautiful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment