Sunday, April 16, 2017

106. Easter Resurrection

My heart is especially grateful for the sacrifice and glory of Christ that we celebrate on Easter this year. In less than a two month span both of my grandfathers have passed away. My heart aches for my grandmothers, now going through life without their beloved husbands. But I rejoice in the knowledge I have of my redeemer, Jesus Christ. He suffered the agony of our sins so that we might be free. He suffered death so that He could be resurrected. And He was resurrected so that we might some day be resurrected also. Because of Christ, my grandparents will be reunited. They are sealed together for all eternity through the blessings of Jesus Christ. And, like Him, they will rise again. The next time I hug my grandpas they will be able to wrap both arms around me without hesitation, weakness, or obstacle. They will be whole, because Christ was made whole. This is Christ's work: "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

No comments:

Post a Comment