Thursday, April 20, 2017

110. The Baker's Daughter

There's a prince in my shop. What do I do? Do I curtesy? He's not wearing a crown. Is he supposed to wear a crown? Am I supposed to know he's the prince! He's even more handsome than I imagined! Oo he's looking at my biscuits! I knew I should have thrown those out. Now he's going to think Father is a terrible baker. What if the one he picks is underdone? Or burnt? Did I put too much salt in? He is so handsome! Oh! He looked at me! Did I just grimace at the prince? I am such an idiot! Get it together, Mara! He just smiled at me! Wait until I tell Renee! No, I can't tell her if he doesn't want to be noticed. I will keep my prince's secret. But is it a secret? Where is his crown? No don't pick that one! Whew. Yes, yes! Go for the strawberry! He is so handsome! Where is Father? Should I go fetch him? Would that insult the prince if I left? Would it insult him if I serve him? Oh! He's coming over. What do I say? What do I say?!

"Umm...hi."

No comments:

Post a Comment