Wednesday, April 5, 2017

95. My Reasons Why

The last week I have been thinking a lot about my role as a stay-at-home-Mom. A read a post recently that said being at home with the kids is degrading and abusive to a woman. I disagreed entirely. Sure, I have days when I am frustrated with my kids and just want some time to myself, but for the most part, I love what I do. 
I adore my three beautiful children. I love the hugs and the kisses. I love the way their little smiles shine when I open their bedroom doors. I love hearing them thank me for a yummy lunch or dinner. I love their curiosity (most of the time) and watching them learn. I love seeing them play together nicely and making up after a dispute.
My life is not perfect. My kids get mad at each over silly things like who gets the crumpled up receipt or how many carrot sticks they get. They lock each other out of their bedroom and steal each other's cups. They hit, steal, and scream at each other. Today I broke up five fights and ignored at least three others. 
But I wouldn't trade this job for any other. While some people sit at computers all day, I get to watch my kids do gymnastics. While someone is dealing with an angry customer, I'm sharing a peanut butter sandwich. While someone is hiding from their boss, I'm playing peekaboo. While others rush to get a burger, I'm making soup or stuffed peppers or lasagna. (Just now I told them for the third time to get back in bed.) 
I am not forced into this job. I am not oppressed or subjected. I chose this life and i would choose it again. Being a stay-at-home-Mom gives me joy that I cannot express in words. These kids are why I do what I do.


1 comment:

  1. Ummmm.....I love this. Like a lot. Definitely sharing this on my Facebook page in a couple days! You're a great mom! And those pictures are seriously the cutest. You need to frame the one of you and S :)

    ReplyDelete