Wednesday, August 12, 2015

224. Today I Met A Lion

It was a normal day. I had my backpack with my school books and pencils and my lunchbox. Mom had lacked a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, some carrot sticks, some pretzels, and an apple turnover. 
The sun was shining. There wasn't a cloud in sky. I was three blocks from school when I turned the corner and right in my path was a lion!
A real, live lion standing right in front of me. He was just staring at me. He stared and he stared. Then he licked his paws and said "Hello." 
Well, what would you do if a lion spoke to you. I said hello right back to him.
"I'm very hungry," he said to me. "Do you have any zebras around here?"
"No," I said. The zoo was all the way downtown. 
"Any gazelle? Wildebeest?" 
I shook my head. "We have some dogs and cats, but I don't think their owners would be very happy if you ate them."
The lion frowned and rubbed his stomach. His stomach growled so loudly I thought it came from his mouth.
"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm just so hungry. I could eat anything."
"How about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" I asked. I opened up my lunchbox and gave him the whole sandwich, wrapper and all. He ate it in one huge bite. Then he ate my carrot sticks, my pretzs, and even my apple turnover.
He said thank you and gave me a high five. Then he walked around the corner and out of sight. 
And that's why I don't have any lunch today. Can I have some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment