Monday, November 6, 2017

310. Do You See That Body (Oct 27, 2010)

Do you see that body on the floor there all alone?
That body once was living. That boy had once a home.
His family loved him dearly, one brother most of all.
When he felt the darkness come he listened to the call.
He knew the fight would be like none other he had had.
Still he hoped to have some fun and come out not so bad.
It started as a secret group working from within
Trusting in each other was the only way to win.
One brother, two years older, could not withstand the fear,
And so he turned to blindness. His mother shed a tear.

Do you see that body on the floor there all alone?
That body was a fighter. That body cold as stone.
That boy watched his parents as they fought alongside him
A war of hate and violence, a war so very grim.
The war dragged on for six long years, the last three were the worst.
They sacrificed much for love. His family was cursed
For just when that blinded elder son of theirs returned,
His amends with brothers made and love again had earned
The enemy did come swift and took that body’s breath
Agony! His brother cried, to see the other’s death.

Do you see that body on the floor there all alone?
That body was my body. That bone was once my bone.
Now I sit here at the brink, deciding what to do.
Should I stay on earth and dwell or should I go with you?
You give me this choice to be a ghost forevermore.
An eternity in peace or fun and haunts galore?
I think I’ll take my chances and have a little fun.
Or my brothers will miss me, mostly that one-eared one.
So see ya round, take good care, go walk those shiny halls.

There is glee ahead for me. For, I can walk through walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment