Tuesday, September 1, 2015

244. Hogwarts

Hogwarts. Hogwarts. Hoggy warty Hogwarts.
How I wish I were there.
Won't you let me come to you?
I'd jump the vanishing stair.

I'd run through corridors black or red.
I'd dine in your Great Hall.
I want to hear the Fat Lady sing,
Or dance at the Yule Ball.

Hogwarts, won't you let me in?
I'll bring my own soft pillow. 
I'd never sneak out of my bed
Or freeze the Whomping Willow.

I'd never use the Weasleys' map 
To get to Hogsmeade grounds.
I'd never tease Mrs. Norris,
Or scare Filch with rude sounds.

Oh Hogwarts won't you teach me, please,
How to use a wand?
Won't you teach me how to fly 
Or how to clean a pond?

Won't you teach me spells and charms
Or how to mix a potion?
Won't you teach me how to stop 
A train that is in motion?

Hogwarts, hear my plaintive cry
Across this little nation.
Hogwarts I will come to you.
I'm here at King's Cross Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment