Saturday, August 12, 2017

224. Accidentally In Love

This morning my older sister got married. It was a joyous and beautiful occasion. 

My own daughter was in little-girl heaven, both watching her aunt be a bride and participating in the celebration herself. Being the oldest and only female grandchild on my side of our family, she adoringly took in the sight of my beautiful sister. 

I have taken many pictures over the last few days of preparing and celebrating, but one of the most touching to me was taken at the wedding reception this evening.

In it Janie and my father stand side by side, watching Mari sing to her new husband. 


When I took the picture, it was meant to be of Mari, and I just hadn't found the right position yet. But looking back on it, I saw my father watching his oldest child living her dream, beginning a new chapter in her life, while at the very same moment, embracing his oldest grandchild as that same dream is beginning its formation in her heart. I saw him watching the growth and fulfillment of one generation of posterity while encouraging the blossoming of the next generation. It is a sweet moment, accidentally captured, that absolutely exudes so many different wonderful layers of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment