Thursday, August 3, 2017

215.Chivalry is One-Sided

I lay on the floor with my leg slung over Janie's body, pinning her to the ground. I feigned sleep, but all three kids knew better. Janie squealed with excitement, laughing and protesting simultaneously. Thomas laughed at the wrestling match and offered his help. Berto attacked my face with what I took to be kissed. 

Try as I might, I could not keep my laughter contained as Thomas, intent on rescuing his damsel in distress, hoisted my foot into the air and began pulling it off his smothered sister, all the while calling "Go, Janie! I got her. I got her!" I offered little resistance to his valiant effort and was impressed with the ease with which he pinwheeled my position. I was forced to either break his hold (and thus break his pride, his trust, his feelings, and the fun) or shift my body so as not to have my hips twisted to and unnatural angle. 

Not to be outdone by his brave brother, Berto sallied forth and slimed my face with slobber, tangling my hair in his pudgy hands, further anchoring my uncomfortable position.

The double assault broke my hold on my captive child, and the girl wiggled free.


Two minutes later I pinned Thomas to the ground. He called to Janie for help and was left to fend for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment