Tuesday, May 2, 2017

122. Good Mom/Bad Mom

Motherhood is about balancing the good moments with the bad. Some days are fabulous. Other days I cry myself to sleep and wonder how many more days are left before they're all in school. But most days have a bit of both in them. I do awesome-mom things (letting the kids decorate plates however they want) and I do awful-mom things (letting my baby crawl on the kitchen floor when it's not swept). So here's to the mom who tries to make a sandcastle but ends up just making a mud-mountain, and the mom who hearkens to the call of "push my higher" and ends up breaking out the ice pack. 


  • Today I was a bad mom because I woke Janie up by being too loud, but I was a good mom because that loudness was caused by a tickle war with Thomas.
  • Today I was a good mom because I let Janie have some of my milk, but I was a bad mom because I didn't buy more of her milk before it ran out.
  • Today I was a good mom because I let all three kids go with me to Berto's doctor appointment, but I was a bad mom because I wouldn't let Thomas play with the medical supplies.
  • Today I was a good mom because I let Janie and Thomas play at a friend's house while I went on a mommy-son date with Berto, but I was a bad mom because that date included pinning him down on a table to get x-rays taken. 
  • Today I was a bad mom because I woke Berto up from his car-snooze, but I was a good mom because I held him the whole time we were at the pharmacy.
  • Today I was a bad mom for making Janie take a nap, but I was a good mom for letting Thomas and Berto take naps.
  • Today I was a good mom for kissing Janie's hurt foot better, but I was a bad mom for making her clean up the toys that she stepped on.
  • Today I was a bad mom for making Janie and Thomas play outside, but I was a good mom for turning on the sprinklers. Then I was a bad mom again for not letting them come in soaking wet.
  • Today I was a bad mom for not letting Berto join his siblings outside, but I was a good mom for giving him a cracker.
  • Today I was a good mom for making pizza-mac-and-cheese and asparagus for dinner. (Yep. Only thing I did absolutely right today.)
  • Today I was a good mom for doing the dishes, but I was a bad mom for not letting the boys help me unload the dishwasher.
  • Today I was a bad mom for not letting the kids watch more Sophia The First after dinner, but I was a good mom for letting them finish Zookeeper while Berto had a breathing treatment.
  • Today I was a good mom for trying to FaceTime all of the cousins, but I was a bad mom because none of them answered.
  • Today I was a bad mom for making my kids put on jammies, but I was a good mom for letting them do gymnastics afterwards. 
  • Today I was a good mom for reading to them about Jesus, but I was a bad mom for not reading for as long as they wanted. 
  • Today I was a good mom for singing songs after scriptures, but I was a bad mom because I sang the wrong words.
  • Today I was a bad mom for brushing the tangles out of Janie's hair, but then I was a good mom because I had brushed all the tangles out of her hair.
  • Today I was a bad mom for making my kids go to bed, but I was a good mom for giving them lots of hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment