Sunday, April 23, 2017

113."I Love To See The Temple

This morning I had the opportunity to sing with Janie at church. It was just the two of us singing one of Janie's favorite songs, "I Love To See The Temple." It was simple and short. I doubt we were on the stand for even three minutes, but those three minutes meant so much to me.

The song speaks of the joy and blessings of going to the temple. That is where we make the sacred covenants that seal us eternally to our family. When I initially picked the date for us to sing, I did so because tomorrow I will celebrate the anniversary of my own decision to enter into these covenants with my dear husband. Seven years ago we were married and sealed together for time and all eternity. Because of the covenants we made then, we can be together forever. Additionally, any children are we have are sealed to us, so long as we keep the promises we made that day and strive to live righteously.

What I did not know at the time was that my Grandpa, my mom's dad, would pass away quite so soon, nor that his burial would fall the day before we sang. Because my parents and their parents before them also entered into these same sacred covenants, I am also sealed to them eternally as well. Though I am sad that my grandpa's time on earth has ended, I do not need to suffer, questioning his fate, or mourn his loss infinitely. I know without question that I will be with this family of mine, going forward and backward generations, forever. 

These were the sweet things I have felt today as I have pondered the blessings of the holy temple. I am so grateful for these blessings, for the knowledge that the gospel of Jesus Christ gives me, and for the sacrifice that Christ made so that I could experience this life, the joy it brings me, and the joy of the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment