Thursday, December 24, 2015

358. Twelfth Day of Christmas

Tonight I come into this world to save mankind.

My mother waits for me
My Father sends to thee
And soon we will be three

I see my mother crying out in pain.
She hopes for rest but there's no room for her. 
Her husband tries an inn and tries again.
But all the rooms are taken by Caesar.
They look around. A stable they can stay.
With cows, with donkeys, and with sheep tonight.
The floor is dirt and simple scattered hay.
They have only a lantern for their light.
And yet they go for Mother needs relief.
My time is come. I must go down to Earth.
The time is now for all those with belief.
Tomorrow is the day of my first birth.
I come to save mankind and all who live.
I bring the greatest gift of all to give.

This being born is very strange. I feel all sorts of squished. 
This air inside my lungs is cold, and feels so much emptier. 
But there's my mother. I know her voice. I'm safe here on her arms.

My mother looking down at me.
Her husband, Joseph, too.
And there are others standing 'round.
This world: white, black, and blue.
The shining of those lights above.
This cold wind on my face.
This world is dear and new to me.
It's worth my saving grace.

This world is big
It smells so strange
So many things to see
My mother
Joseph
All around
Everyone is watching me

Joining this world
Eternity starts
Savior of mankind
Under the star
Shining so bright

Baby. Bethlehem. Bright. Bringing. Boy

Time evermore
Once fallen was man
Our Lord is born
Saved once again

One bright night.

Delivered by Mary by donkeys well shod
Lays the wee baby, the dear Son of God

The first Christmas night
Comes the son of the highest
Jesus Christ our Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment