Friday, August 28, 2015

240. A Good Cook

After a rough day, we sat down to a very, very simple dinner of macaroni and cheese and poptarts (Janey's choice). It was that kind of a day. I can't even make it better by saying it was deliciously gooey and scrumptious Mac n cheese. 
It came out of a box.
And I didn't even make it; my husband played chef.
But that's just how the day was. 
I did well the rest of the week. We had Apple pork chops, a peanut satay, some delicious chicken and rice casserole, and I'd even baked some fresh bread. But tonight was boxed macaroni and cheese.
We sat down, said our prayer, and started eating. After a few bites Janey piped up, in quite a chipper voice, "this is so yummy! You're a good cook!"
Out of habit, I replied "thank you." 
Her response: "No, Mommy, Daddy is a good cook."

Guess who's not getting brownies tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment