Monday, June 22, 2015

173. Locked Out

It's six or ten hours later,
(I don't know when about),
But six or ten hours later,
I've found myself locked out.

Someone shut the bedroom door.
I don't know who it was.
With all the kids who ran around
My mind was all a buzz.

Seven children under twelve 
Was really quite a riot.
I should have been alert, you'd think,
To a time of sudden quiet.

I didn't notice anything.
They left without a roar.
But six or ten hours later
I can't open the door.

The lock is on the inside
As are all the hinges.
But I am on the outside.
Time for Netflix binges?

I tried to twist it open,
Tried to crack or pop the lock.
The lock just twirled itself around,
Much like a drying sock.

Of course my husband isn't home
And won't be for two days.
He's the one with all the wits
To get in different ways.

My next choice is on business,
In Australia of all places.
And so I phoned another man,
A friend with many graces.

He came from far to help me out.
I'd faith that he could do it.
So when he showed up at my door
I put him straightway to it.

Of course, how could another way
Be better than we reckoned?
He saw the door, pulled out a tool, 
And popped it in one second.

Well, I felt dumb, and so would you,
For failing at that task.
But that's the way that my life goes.
What can you do? Alas.

Now six or ten hours later,
(I really can't say when),
But six or ten hours later,
I finally can go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment