Sunday, June 7, 2015

158. Set Them Free

I grew up here.
This place was home.
They chased me out,
The sand to roam.
But now I'm back.
I'm here to see
If he will deign 
To set them free.

At last you're home.
I've missed you so.
My little brother
Your face I know.
But who's the man
You've come to be?
Why do you ask
To set them free?

The Lord hast sent 
me here to you.
There is a task
That I must do.
Please brother, dear,
Listen to me.
The Lord wants you
To set them free.

How dare you ask
This crazy thing?
You slap my face 
And leave a sting.
How dare you call
Us family?
And then ask me
To set them free?

Brother, please
I cannot tell
How much my heart
Will truly swell
With joy and pleasure
Gratefully
If you could think
To set them free.

Arrogant and 
Simple fool.
You think I'd give 
My greatest tool?
My empire grows.
Cannot you see
The damage if
I set them free?

I do not want 
My home destroyed.
But you won't hear
From God's employed.
His deadly plagues
I bring with me
Unless you choose
To set them free.

Do what you can
We're stronger still.
You cannot bend 
or break my will.
For I will not
Give in to thee.
You cannot make 
Me set them free.

Before you kill
Your people strong,
Just admit
That you were wrong.
Let them go,
I beg of thee.
You only have
To set them free.

There is nothing
You can do.
No plague can kill,
No storm can brew.
Not anything
You do to me
Will change my mind
To set them free.

I'm sorry, brother,
For the loss.
That you'll have at
This last plague's cross.
I tried to warn you
Urgently.
But you refused 
To set them free.

Go. Be gone.
You've won at last.
Go and take them,
First and last.
You are no more
My family.
Take your people.
I set them free.

Come, my friends,
Let's leave this place.
Another land
For us awaits.
The Lord delivered 
You to me.
Praise the Lord.
He set them free.

No comments:

Post a Comment