Wednesday, May 13, 2015

133. The Stepmother - Turned Out

She should be thanking me for giving her such an opportunity. Time alone with the prince! There when she fainted. Visiting her every day to see how she recovers! I couldn't have planned it better. And how does she repay me? No gratitude. No thanks. No acknowledgement of my cunning. What an ungrateful brat I raised. How could she go so wrong? 
It must be that girl. Filling her head with useless stories and rot. If only I had turned her out of the house as soon as her father was gone. He outsmarted me there. I will never forgive him for it.
And now my own child turns me away as if everything I do isn't for her benefit. She'll never get ahead without my help. So be it. If she won't accept my help, she won't get it. Let her catch a marriage on her own. She'll have nothing from me. 
At least I still have one grateful child left. And I will see her lifted to the grandest heights. Let Cinderella have her cottage. We shall live in a palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment