Monday, May 11, 2015

131. Betrayed

Thomas and Jane spent the last five days with my parents while my husband and I went on a cruise. This was my first time apart from Thomas for longer than he sleeps at night in the nearly one year that he's been alive. 
My boy is a mama's boy through and through. He cries for anyone but me, my husband, and one friend. If I leave the room while he is with someone else, he melts down. Jane was nothing like this. From day one she has been happy with any and every person we have ever left her with.
Knowing the personalities of my children, what I expected when we picked them up today was squeals of delight from Thomas and happiness, but not really much more than usual, from Jane.
That didn't happen.
We walked into the room and Jane shot her little head into my knees. She sang "mommy" over and over again and jumped up and down while attempting to strangle me with her hugs. 
Thomas willingly was passed into the arms of his dad, and there he stayed. He wouldn't even look at me. I took him from my husband and he immediately started crying and reachng for his grandma.

A heart was never so quickly thrilled and subsequently demolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment