Tuesday, July 25, 2017

206. Thomas And The Toothpaste

My three year old likes to brush his teeth. Unfortunately, he likes to brush them on his own. This often results in great globs of blue goo strewn all over the counter, down the sink, and, oftentimes, in his sister's hair bows. 

At first I thought he was simply playing with the toothpaste, squeezing it out of the tube and smearing it, just being messy as boys are. But this evening I had the glorious opportunity of getting all three kids ready for bed (I usually only have the charge of the youngest) and watched as Thomas stuffed a disgustingly lathered toothbrush into his face. I honestly do not know how that much toothpaste fit into his itty bitty mouth. I came in just as the toothbrush entered, and tried not to gag as blue goop oozed out with each jerk of his uncoordinated fist. When he finished, what little remained unswallowed or undribbled was spewed forth in a fantastic stream of expectoration. 


And now I know why the bathroom sink has blue streaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment