Friday, September 11, 2015

254. Nine Eleven

I didn't know what the Towers were. 
I didn't know where they stood.
I didn't know who Al Quaida were.
Or that I even should.

I didn't know some hated us.
I didn't know malice rose.
I didn't know there could be such dust
At the day's hard close.

I didn't know the solemn fear.
I didn't know the pain.
I didn't know the sounds I'd hear
That fell with fiery rain.

I didn't know the actions.
I didn't know the love.
I didn't know the reactions
Of those who flew above.

I didn't know the world would change.
I didn't know the fight.
I didn't know the feelings strange
That came with morning's light.

I didn't know the sacrifice.
I didn't know the care.
I didn't know that hate and vice
Could vanish from the air.

I didn't know comraderie.
I didn't understand.
But what I see, through misery,
United now we stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment