Sunday, November 15, 2015

319. Alabaster

Of all the things my Lord hath done
In His time on the earth
There's nothing greater to my soul:
He brought me to re-birth.

My Savior, Lord and King, He is.
He led my soul to light,
From darkest torments burdening.
He pulled me through the fight.

His gentle voice then spoke my fears: 
"I have but two days more."
My anguished heart without control,
I rushed out through the door.

The cool night air full cloaked with spice,
The feast they soon prepared.
He gave my spirit's second chance,
My treasures must be shared.

I 'gain returned to my Lord's side.
A tear escaped my eye.
I came with oils in my box.
I could not say goodbye.

"I know I never can repay
The gift you've given me,
But I will do all that I can.
This gift I give to thee."

The men were angry, scolding me,
"That can be better used.
How can you waste that on His head?"
And lovingly He mused.

"Why trouble her? She understands 
What yet ye cannot see.
Her loving care will ever be
An eternal memory."

He took me by my trembling hand.
and gave me one last kiss.
Now He is gone, but still lives on.
I will remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment