Sunday, July 19, 2015

200. "I Will Fight Goliath"

"I will fight Goliath!" 
Was heard around the camp,
And little Dave appeared, 
But he was just a scamp.
We laughed and scoffed and ridiculed. We all thought he was mad.
But then he went and took his sling,
The silly little lad.

"I will fight Goliath!"
He shouted once again.
"I will fight and kill this man
Who threatens all my kin."
Goliath roared and charged at him,
But David took a stand.
He stepped right up with feet held firm,
A stone held in his hand.

"I will fight Goliath!"
The shout was heard around.
He put the stone into his sling
And swung it round and round.
He let it go, the stone went far.
It flew across the sky,
And hit Goliath in the head.
He fell without a cry.

"I will fight Goliath!" 
He'd said with bolded voice.
He trusted in the mighty God.
He knew it was his choice.
He followed what the scriptures taught.
He did just what he should.
The Lord protected Israel,
Just like he said he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment