Friday, February 24, 2017

55.House of Learning

Earlier today I got to revisit the campus where I got my degree. I visited an old boss and my old place of employment, where I met my husband. I walked the paths I took hundreds of times over the course of my schooling. I went to the museum that I frequented with my brother. I stopped by the portrait of my great-grandfather. I remembered dozens and dozens of night games. 
But today I walked those paths with my children. I pointed out significant places for my courtship and marriage to my eager daughter. I took s photograph of my son with his namesake. I explained the purpose of peacock feathers and hippo tusks. I taught my Texan children how to catch snowflakes on their tongues and showed them how it melts on your fingers. 
A large part of who I am was developed, created, or discovered on that campus. I hope that our time there today may in some small way take hold in their little hearts and form them into beautiful people 

No comments:

Post a Comment